Workplace Wellness Programs have become a staple in many companies as a way to attract top talent, keep them happy and productive, and decrease employee turnover.
Companies who utilize workplace wellness programs save money on healthcare, reduced absenteeism and increased overall workplace productivity.
Here are 3 reasons why an workplace wellness programs make sense:
- Increased engagement and productivity. It’s in your best interest to ensure your employees are healthy and less stressed. They’ll be more engaged and productive at work, which translates into improved employee performance.
- Employee retention. Who wouldn’t want to work at a place like Mobify that offers free lunchtime yoga classes? Recruiting and retaining top talent is always a challenge and a strong employee wellness program is just one more advantage in your toolbox.
- Better health. The main benefit of an workplace wellness program is healthier, happier employees. Encouraging employees to make their wellness a priority can have far-reaching benefits. In her book, Next-Generation Wellness at Work, Stephenie Overman notes that a robust smoking cessation program at Union Pacific Railroad helped drastically bring down the percentage of employees who smoked — from 40% in the 1990s to just 17% by 2007.
But with all the different models and types of wellness programs, how does a corporate employer know which workplace wellness program is best? That’s where HEALTH2WEALTH truly works for employers – by offering employee wellness program examples that can help boost overall health and wellness of your corporate culture.
Make your culture wellness-positive. Creating a culture of wellness in the workplace can do a lot of the work for you. Making healthy programs convenient, providing a variety of options and actively encouraging employees who participate in programs will help encourage other employees to take part as well.
Our partnership is a cooperative process, and to boost your success, we have made our wellness expertise available through multiple resources for your corporation. Wellness programs have a proven track record, produce a quantifiable ROI and so much more. We will provide you with all the resources and support that you need to design and format your corporate wellness program, including the following practical examples:
Health Coaching – each employee can have their own health coach to help motivate and inspire them throughout the program. In addition to providing invaluable fitness, health and nutritional information and resources, health coaches will help employees remain accountable. The most current wellness plans for employees also offers convenience in teleconferencing and web conferencing in addition to onsite sessions.
Corporate Lunch and Learns – onsite Lunch And Learns provide employees for acquiring valuable, engaging and practical information, skills and resources to implement into both the workplace and at home. Lunch And Learn topics can range from the latest fitness trends, meal planning, stress management techniques and more.
Wellness Challenges – an employer should never underestimate the power of healthy competition. Many workplace environments have benefitted from fitness challenges – “he who takes the most steps wins!” even offering cash or similar types of incentive-based rewards. In addition to a little competition, employees often embrace a spirit of camaraderie, encouraging one another in whatever fitness, dietary or stress-reduction challenge is set before them.
Some other employee wellness program examples:
- Preventative screenings
- Smoking cessation program
- Comprehensive reporting methods
- Smartphone app capabilities
- Customizable features
We began our organization with the goal of helping employers implement their own comprehensive wellness program. Healthy bodies and healthy minds are our goal, within the workplace and beyond.
If you’re interested in more employee wellness program examples, contact us at any time. We will help you get your employees engaged and active in the program.
Your employees will thank you!
How To Join Health 2 Wealth
Health 2 Wealth is our community for helping people turn their passion for health into wealth so that they can live in health, wealth and total well-being. There are four steps to join us at Health 2 Wealth and start the journey to your dream lifestyle.
The first step is to attend our Health 2 Wealth presentation. Click the button below to request information on our next presentation online or offline.